Shabbat Shalom

Shabbat Shalom from Devin and Callie
July 5, 2008

Dear Family,

Blessings on you all for the prayers that you have been raising up for me and for this nation. I am sorry that there has been so much time between letters from me during this season of my life, but I am sure you can imagine the demands the army has on my life at the moment. In regards to that, this is my last week on my present base and on Thursday I should be receiving my next assignment. Please be praying for this, because no one seems to be telling us where we will be going or what exactly we will be doing. If I can get an assignment close to Jerusalem, there is a good chance that I will be able to come home every night to my apartment. They call it an "open" assignment and I would basically have a 9-5 job with the army. This would be wonderful especially with my fiance Callie living and working in Jerusalem this summer.

There are a couple areas of prayer other than what I have already mentioned. One is concerning the terrorist attack that happened this week in Jerusalem. I am sure many of you have heard about it, and I would just ask that you cover the situation in prayer. It has the potential to start another round of violence and the people here are very weary. They need a time of rest. I had an open door to share my faith with a few fellow soldiers over the last couple weeks and the response was pretty positive. One was a very secular Russian and the other was a very religious American. Please pray that the seeds that were planted would bear fruit.

This is going to be the first Shabbat letter that I have ever written with someone. Callie has been here for two weeks now, and since we are going to be married in a few months, we thought it would be important to start writing these letters together. She will share with you all now a little of what the Lord has been showing her since she has been here.

Hello everyone, this is Callie. :) It is such a blessing to be able to report to you along side my handsome fiance, who, I might add, looks especially nice in his uniform and bullet proof vest! So far, one of my favorite parts of being here is introducing myself as "Mrs. Devin-to-be." It is an honor to be engaged to a man of such strong character, and to have the promise of sharing in a Holy Spirit adventure with him for the rest of our lives. Over the last two weeks, I've experienced a sinus flu, a terrorist attack, and an odd last minute change in my summer job, but none of this has shaken me. I think this is primarily because of the confidence the Lord has been building in my heart about His plans for my life.

Shortly after I arrived, the Holy Spirit took me to Zechariah 8, which states the Lord's promises for Jerusalem. As I was reading, verse 5 stood out: "The city streets will be filled with boys and girls playing there." I sat and thought about it for a second, wondering why this caught my eye, then I realized, "MY children will play in the streets of Jerusalem!" Suddenly, this prophetic passage that would ordinarily be objective became personal. I am called to marry Devin and create a new family with him in the land. Neither of us needs the other to sustain our relationship with the Lord, but we do need each other to fully walk out the life He has called us to. Our up coming marriage is part of the Lord's destiny for our lives as a means of further consecrating us to Yeshua, and contributing to His plan to grow His people in the land before the Messiah's return. As a gentile girl from the south, this is not a calling I could fulfill as a single woman. Our marriage is a mitzvah, and it is a joy to know that the Lord is pleased by our relationship. This makes the trials of "leaving my father's house" (psalm 45) and enduring the difficulties of living in a spiritually charged foreign land so incredibly worth it. Shabbat Shalom!

In Yeshua,

Devin and Callie

Comments

Popular Posts