Aunt June's Dump Cake

This has to be the world's easiest dessert. My Aunt June makes this pretty regularly, so I had my cousin, Amanda, send me the recipe. It literally takes 5 minutes to assemble and its really good.

Here's what you do:

Layer (or dump) in a 9x13 greased pan or baking dish:
1 can of crushed pineapple
1 can of cherry pie filling
chopped pecans
yellow cake mix (dump straight from the package, dry and powdery)
Half a cup of butter (you can either melt it and pour the butter over the top or just cut slices and lay them on top all over)

Then bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes.

The juices from the pineapples evaporates into the cake mix, causing it to cook and rise. Its kind of amazing. I wanted to make that note because the first time I made it, I poured out some of the pineapple juice. I thought there was too much. Some parts in the center of the cake were still powdery, so it needed the extra juice to cook through!

Comments

Popular Posts